What Are Outsourced IT Services?
Outsourced IT Services are a type of professional services that provide technical assistance and expertise with regards to Information Technology matters.
This may include maintenance and support, software implementation, hardware installation, security solutions and other related services. Outsourced IT Services can be used for everything from managing an organization’s technology infrastructure to providing one-time project or product development tasks.
Many organizations outsource their IT because they do not have the internal staff or skillset to manage these items themselves. They can also save money by outsourcing IT services rather than employing additional internal personnel.
What IT Solutions Can You Outsource?
Outsourced IT can provide a multitude of services, but not all firms may cover them. Here are 7 essential tasks that these companies can do to give your business the support it needs!
1. Security and Compliance
When it comes to the security of your business, you can’t afford to have any blind spots. You need to know what is happening on your network at all times, and you need to be sure that everything that is happening is in compliance with regulations, standards and best practices.
- That’s where an outsourced IT support company can help. They can provide a full range of services that include:
- Network monitoring – The entire network is monitored 24/7 for suspicious activity.
- Security audits – Regular audits are conducted to ensure the network is secure from threats like viruses and malware attacks.
- Penetration testing – Security professionals test the network’s vulnerability using real-life scenarios to see how well it would hold up if an attack were attempted in real life.
- Vulnerability assessments – These tests look for vulnerabilities in your systems and networks that could leave them open to attack by malicious hackers or malware programs.
2. Network Management and Server Management
- Network Management: Network management refers to the process of monitoring, maintaining and improving the performance of networks. This includes managing servers, hardware, software and other resources used for networking purposes. It can also include monitoring security threats and implementing solutions to prevent them. Outsourcing network management allows companies to focus on their core competencies while outsourcing their technical needs to experts in the field.
- Server Management: Server management refers to managing server maintenance tasks such as installing software updates, upgrading hardware components and backing up data files on servers. It also involves ensuring that all systems are running smoothly without any issues so that they are fully functional at all times. By outsourcing server management tasks, companies can focus on their core competencies while outsourcing their technical needs to experts in the field who have extensive experience with server management issues
3. Applications and Cloud Management
Cloud and application management is a complex task, requiring a deep understanding of the technologies and processes involved. It’s no wonder that many organizations have outsourced their IT support to focus on core business activities. The benefits of outsourcing your cloud and application management include:
- Improved time to market: The ability to move faster with less risk and less capital investment in infrastructure hardware and software.
- Reduced expenses: Outsourcing helps organizations reduce costs because it enables them to leverage their existing in-house resources and infrastructure more efficiently.
- Improved scalability: Cloud computing allows you to scale up or down based on your needs, so you can pay only for what you use (as opposed to paying for capacity 24x7).
4. Backup and Disaster Recovery
The Backup and Disaster Recovery process is a critical part of keeping your business running smoothly. The right backup solution will ensure that your data is safe and available in the event of a disaster.
Outsourced IT Support can help you with this process by providing the following:
- Testing and verifying backups
- A good backup solution will test your backups to verify if they are working properly and will alert you when they are not. This is important because one of the biggest mistakes people make with their backup systems is assuming that everything is working correctly when it actually isn't.
- Executing restores
- If a disaster occurs, you want someone who knows how to execute restores quickly and efficiently. You also want to know if there's anything else that needs to be done before the system returns to its normal state of operation (for example, if the server lost power for an extended period of time).
- Training users on backups
- If you have employees who need training on how to perform backups, our team can provide that training at no extra cost since we're already managing your IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis
It’s vital to have a reliable data storage system in place, especially if you’re a business that relies on cloud-based services or processes.
Storage can be as simple as using the cloud to store your files and documents, or it can be complex and involve multiple servers and databases. Whatever your needs are, we can help you find a solution that works for your budget and your business goals.
Outsourced IT support includes :
- Troubleshooting any issues with your storage system
- Configuring new hardware or software
- Creating backup systems and procedures
- Providing support when there are problems with the network
6. Data Monitoring and Insights
How does Outsourced Support help Data Monitoring and Insights?
Data monitoring and insights can be an essential part of any business. It helps in improving the sales, customer service and also helps in analysing the market trends. With the help of data monitoring, we can understand which product is selling more than the others and what are the problems faced by the customers. Also, it helps to understand how much time is spent by each employee on a particular task so that you can plan their workload accordingly.
Most companies don’t have enough resources to hire employees for this task and hence they outsource this work to third-party companies with expertise in this field.
Outsourced IT support provides expert professionals who can monitor all your data from multiple platforms such as Salesforce, Google Analytics etc., so that you don’t have to manually check them for new updates every day or week. These professionals will analyse the data and provide recommendations on what should be changed in order to improve your sales or customer satisfaction levels or any other aspect of your business
7. Telecommunication and Phone Systems
Telecommunication and phone systems are complex pieces of equipment that need to be maintained at all times. If you don’t have the time or knowledge to take care of them, outsourcing your IT support to experts can save you money and headaches in the long run. Here is how Outsourced IT Support helps Telecommunication and Phone Systems:
- Maintenance Plans: You can sign up for maintenance plans that include routine inspections, cleaning, and repairs. These plans will keep your equipment running smoothly and efficiently so they last longer than they would otherwise. This also reduces downtime which leads to lost productivity within your business or organization.
- Upgrades: Your telecommunication system may be outdated or poorly designed which leads to problems for both users and technicians who have to fix those problems. Outsourced IT Support can upgrade older equipment with newer models that are more efficient and reliable so you don’t have to worry about downtime caused by technical difficulties any more!
- Training: When new software updates are released
Benefits of Outsourced IT Support
Outsourced IT has become a popular option for businesses that have complex or specialized IT requirements. The benefits of outsourcing IT can include:
- Reduced costs: By using a managed services provider, you can reduce operating expenses such as hardware and software maintenance, along with other costs like security and compliance.
- Increased productivity: Outsourcing your IT to a managed services provider enables you to focus on core business activities rather than trying to manage your own technology infrastructure and resources.
- Improved efficiency
A managed services provider can improve efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and standardizing processes. This allows them to provide more value for your money by reducing the amount of time spent on routine tasks such as patch management and server maintenance.
What is the Average Cost of IT Support Services?
The cost of IT support is dependent on several factors, including the size of your business and how much work you want done. The average cost of outsourced IT support is $45 per hour.
The average hourly rate for in-house technical support is $65 per hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' May 2015 Occupational Employment and Wages report. However, this number varies widely depending on location and position within a company. For example, data center technicians tend to make about $100,000 per year while help desk professionals earn around $50,000 annually.
The following are estimates based on industry averages:
- Full-time internal IT staff: $70-$90 per hour
- Contractors: $75-$105 per year
- Part-time internal staff working one day per week: $200-$300 per month
How to decide if you need outsourced IT support?
When is it time to consider outsourcing your IT? There are a number of reasons why you should look into this option. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the responsibilities of managing your own IT team and want to focus on growing your business, then outsourcing may be the right choice for you. Outsourcing can also help your business save money and reduce costs, while ensuring that the right level of technology is provided to your employees.
Another important reason why companies choose to outsource their IT department is because they do not have the resources or expertise needed to manage their own IT team. Outsourcing can provide businesses with experienced professionals who will assist with setting up new systems, fixing issues and troubleshooting problems quickly and efficiently.
Outsourced IT support can also help businesses save time and money by allowing them to focus on their core functions instead of having to deal with technical issues that could potentially prevent them from meeting deadlines or fulfilling orders on time. When looking for an outsourced IT service provider, make sure that they have experience in providing support for other companies like yours so that they know what works best for businesses like yours.
Outsourced IT support can help you manage and maintain your current technology infrastructure. They monitor to ensure critical systems are working properly and staff is trained to recognize and resolve smaller issues before they become problems.